Buying local for Christmas is easy! Even more perfect for out-of-town friends and family who may miss their Ohio favorites. Don’t see YOUR favorite on the list? Please add your own, this is just a small, small segment of what Columbus has to offer!
1. For some seriously ingenious sweets, check out Sassafras Bakery’s gift packages menu.
2. Taste of Belgium sells waffles by the bagful. They’re even good to eat plain!
3. Honey makes a sweet gift–and it never expires! At least not at my house…. Honeyrun Farms just started selling on Etsy, prefect timing!
4. Middle West Spirits makes some kick-ass vodka. Easy way to cross off the men on your list!
5. For an obsessive cheese lover (like me), Oakvale Gouda is really worth the splurge. You may not believe me, but you should.
6. It goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway: Jeni’s Ice Cream makes a great gift, and it’s pretty cool to receive a package that requires dry ice.
7. Pattycake Bakery isn’t just for vegans. Check out their Mint Chocolate Whoopie Pie, yum!
8. The Olive Orchard makes olive oil and other items perfect for gifting. Everyone needs olive oil, how can you go wrong?
9. Though I don’t think they have an online store, you could stop into Crazy Goat Coffee in Gahanna and pick up some beans, a mug, or a gift card for your loved one!
10. Camelot Cellars makes a great variety of wines, and you can design your own label! I did this for a friend’s birthday, and really enjoyed the experience.
11. Even though Cheryl’s has gone big, they’re cookies are still locally produced!
12. Sweet Thing Gourmet has my favorite jams. I like them because I don’t even think about putting them on bread, they’re just too good for bread. I like their brandied apricot on bananas and their hot raspberry jam with cream cheese on Nut Thins crackers.
13. Last but not least, it’s not a local food but it’s certainly local-food themed, you could always get them a subscription to Edible Columbus magazine.