“For the last 18 years of being a vegetarian, people have asked me, “If you don’t eat meat, what DO you eat?” My answer has been “I eat everything else.” See everything one vegetarian eats for an entire year. Follow daily from Photo Kitchen’s Instagram (or follow hashtag #whatavegetarianeats365) and come back here for recipes and such.
Find more information about items in bold (such as recipes) at the bottom of the page.
1. Veggie Stirfry
2. Vegetarian Bubbles and Squeaks
3. Chocolate Crisp Rice Cereal with Bananas and Milk
4. Meijer Extra Crispy Potato Rounds (Tater Tots) with BBQ Sauce, Cheddar Cheese and Cilantro
5. Spaghetti with Carfagna’s Marinara Sauce and Sauteed Kale
7. Warm Brown Rice with Milk and Maple Syrup
8. Veggie Stirfry
9. Bacon and Egg Salad with Asparagus
10. Vanilla Pizzelles and Hostess Ho-Ho’s
11. Junior Mints and Oh Henry!
12. Meijer Extra Crispy Potato Rounds (Tater Tots) with BBQ Sauce, Cheddar Cheese and Cilantro
13. Roasted Asparagus and Roasted Cauliflower with Whole Garlic
14. Tofurky Roast Beef Style Deli Slices on Rye Bread with Muenster Cheese, Pickles, Dijon Mustard and Mayo
16. Veggie Stirfry
17. Tofurky Roast Beef Style Deli Slices on Rye Bread with Lettuce, Muenster Cheese, Pickles, Dijon Mustard and Mayo
18. Little Eater Salads, Pierogis and Cucumber Dill Salad from Hubert’s Polish Kitchen from North Market
19. dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burger, Whole Wheat Pita, Mayo, Mustard, Arugula, Pickle Spears, Hummus and Baby Carrots
20. Whole Foods Salad Bar and Hot Dishes
21. Inside Out Lemon Donut from Resch’s Bakery
22. Chipotle Burrito with Sofritas
23. Party Foods
Cauliflower, carrots, green beans and asparagus in a yellow mustard, lemon and garlic sauce over brown rice.
Vegetarian Bubbles and Squeaks
Tofurky kielbasa style veggie sausage, green cabbage, banana peppers, garlic, caraway seeds and brown rice. Named after the sound it makes while it cooks.
Soy Bacon and Egg Salad with Asparagus
MorningStar Farms Veggie Bacon Strips, hard boiled eggs, asparagus and lettuce with a mayo/dijon/lemon/dill dressing.