“For the last 18 years of being a vegetarian, people have asked me, “If you don’t eat meat, what DO you eat?” My answer has been “I eat everything else.” See everything one vegetarian eats for an entire year. Follow daily from Photo Kitchen’s Instagram (or follow hashtag #whatavegetarianeats365) and come back here for recipes and such.
Find more information about underlined items (such as recipes) at the bottom of the page.
2. Sugar B Bakery Everything Bagel with Cream Cheese and Green Olives
3. Custard Donut from Fox in the Snow Cafe
4. Gardein Meatless Meatballs smothered in marinara sauce and colby jack cheese with peas
5. Sugarsnap Peas and Warm Pimento Cheese Dip
6. Barbecue Chicken Wrap
7. Macaroni Salad
9. Northstar Cafe Veggie Burger
10. Pot Pie Parcels
11. Cheerios with Blueberries
12. Caramelized Onion Soup from Northstar Cafe
13. Sugar Be Bakery Everything Bagel with Cream Cheese and Green Olives
14. MorningStar Farms Veggie Dogs with cheese, onion, relish, mustard, ketchup, sauerkraut, corn chips and All Dressed potato chips
15. Ice Cream Sundae with vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, blueberry sauce, strawberry sauce, bourbon cherries, crushed peanuts, crushed pineapple, crushed Oreos, crushed Butterfingers and banana.
16. Yogurt Covered Pretzels: Blueberry, Cinnamon, Vanilla and Key Lime flavors
17. Picnic: Neopolitan Rice Krispie Treats, Pot Pie Parcels, Cheez-its, trail mix, dilly beans, carrots, sugar snap peas, apples with trail mix butter, salsa with tortilla chips, applesauce, Oreos, Cadbury Eggs, strawberries, cheese, bread, pistachios, and Girl Scout Cookies.
18. Strongwater Food & Spirits Jackfruit Cake with Black Lentils and Butternut Squash Soup
19. Strongwater Food & Spirits Apple Fritters
Barbecue Chicken Wrap
MorningStar Farms Chick’n Nuggets topped with colby jack cheese, barbecue sauce, and green leaf lettuce wrapped in a flour tortilla.
Pot Pie Parcels
(I wrote this recipe for the mini cookbook, The Bite-Sized Book of Bite-Sized Recipes, an adorable tiny cookbook that fits in the palm of your hand.)
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp. chopped rosemary
1/2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 small onion, finely diced
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup pre-cooked chicken (or veggie chick’n), diced small
1 box refrigerator pie crust (or 2 cans refrigerator biscuits)
2 sprigs fresh rosemary for garnish
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add flour and mix well. Cook, stirring often until
mixture starts to brown and smell nutty. Add cream, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper.
Stir until mixed. Add onion, vegetables, and chicken. Cook for 3 minutes.
Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Cut pie crust into 3-inch circles with a
cookie cutter or drinking glass. Push one crust round (or one biscuit) into the bottom and
sides of each muffin cup. Spoon in filling, then cover with another crust round (or biscuit).
Seal edges together.
Bake for 25 minutes at 425°F. (For biscuits, bake for 20 minutes at 375°F.) Garnish with little
rosemary sprigs. Serve hot or at room temperature.