“For the last 18 years of being a vegetarian, people have asked me, “If you don’t eat meat, what DO you eat?” My answer has been “I eat everything else.” See everything one vegetarian eats for an entire year. Follow daily from Photo Kitchen’s Instagram (or follow hashtag #whatavegetarianeats365) and come back here for recipes and such.
Find more information about items marked in bold (such as recipes) at the bottom of the page.
1. Homemade Apple Pie
2. Pepperjack Cheese Omelet and Home Fries at Fitzy’s Old Fashioned Diner
4. Avocado and Mandarin Orange Salad
5. Chana Masala
6. Pimento Cheese Spread on Celery
7. Banana with Peanut Butter, Chocolate Syrup and Strawberry Syrup
8. Fast Potato Leek Soup by Tricia Wheeler
10. Potato Zucchini Latkes (recipe written last year for OliveOilLovers.com)
11. Jeni’s Ice Cream
12. Fresh Grapefruit with Sugar
13. Homemade Apple Pie
14. Mini Cupcake from Piccadilly Play Cafe
16. Five Guys Burger and Fries Veggie Sandwich and Fries
17. Carfagna’s Pasta Sauce and Spaghetti
18. Avocado and Mandarin Orange Salad
19. Fast Potato Leek Soup by Tricia Wheeler
20. Avocado and Mandarin Orange Salad
21. Fast Potato Leek Soup by Tricia Wheeler
22. Salad Bar Style Salad
23. Banana with Peanut Butter, Chocolate Syrup and Strawberry Syrup
24. Chana Masala
25. Salad Bar Style Salad
26. Turnip Chips
27. With Vegetables Pho with Deep-Fried Fluffy Dough Stick from Buckeye Pho
Avocado and Mandarin Orange Salad
Avocado, canned mandarin orange slices, daikon radish, fresh cilantro, salted sunflower seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper over green leaf lettuce.
Fast Potato Leek Soup
by Tricia Wheeler of The Seasoned Farmhouse
1-½ pounds potatoes, chopped into relatively equal size
6 cups of water
1 pound of leeks, including the tender green parts, thinly sliced
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Peel the potatoes, cut in half lengthwise and then again into three or four halves to similar size.Thinly cut the leeks crosswise into rounds and separate into a bowl filled with cold water. Then use your hands to dislodge any dirt or sand, and scoop the leeks into a new bowl with a slotted spoon once they are clean.
In a pot over high heat, combine the salted water, potatoes and leeks. Bring to a rapid boil until the potatoes are easily pricked with a fork, about 20 minutes. Blend with an immersion blender or in a blender. Taste and season. Serve with bread crisp.
Salad Bar Style Salad
Green leaf lettuce, mandarin oranges, shredded cheese, ranch dressing, green olives and croutons
Thinly slice turnips and fry in oil